is an initialism
for "Frequently Asked Question(s)
". The term refers to listed questions and answers, all supposed to be frequently asked in some context, and pertaining to a particular topic. Since the acronym
originated in textual media, its pronunciation
varies; "fak", "faks" and "F.A.Q." are commonly heard. Depending on usage, the term may refer specifically to a single frequently-asked question, or to an assembled list of many questions and their answers.
Themebot is quickly becoming the best resource available for finding website templates, both free and premium. Many members have already submitted their HTML templates and web layouts for use with open source CMS software. It only takes a few minutes to have your web template included on Themebot.
You may easily add your layout and it will be included in the website template directory. The form allows you to provide useful information about your web layout so that visitors may easily find it. A link to your web layout is provided in the directory as well as a link to your homepage. You will gain more visitors to your website and you may even land a new contract. Also, a portion of any profits earned are donated to various open source software projects. By submitting a web layout, you are supporting open source software.
If you find one or more of your web layouts on Themebot you can easily update the information by following the instructions below:
First, create an account using an email from the domain where your template(s) are originally hosted. It takes less than a minute to register and you will have access to all of the membership benefits. Once your account has been activated, contact Themebot including your username and a list of the templates that you created. After you have been verified as the author, you will assigned as the administrator of the templates and an email confirmation will be sent. You can then edit the description, upload a new version, link back to your website or make any other changes.
Themebot will never give out your email or sell any of your information to any third party. Themebot hates spam and unwanted emails and you will never receive any of this from Themebot.
Absolutely! Themebot is built entirely using open source software and this is Themebot's way of saying thank you to the open source community. Donations are also made to the developers of scripts and modules used on Themebot. As a theme designer, you get added exposure by having your theme hosted on Themebot and you show your support for open source software.
Please take note of the following guidelines before submitting a new theme:
- Check to make sure that the XHTML and CSS validate with W3C.
- Themes that are part of a series with color variations, different width options etc. should be archived together in a single file.
- The title of your listing, folder title and archive title should be the same. For example: If your theme is called My New Theme, the folder should be named MyNewTheme and that should be placed inside the archive named MyNewTheme.zip. This keeps things organized and makes it less confusing for people who download your theme.
- Standard HTML templates should have a separate CSS file as the style sheet. Templates that use local style sheets are deprecated.
- Clean up any old or unnecessary files. If you are developing themes on Windows make sure to delete any hidden Thumbs.db files after the archive is created. OSX developers should clean up .DS_store files.
Thank you for reading the guidelines and helping to make Themebot more user-friendly for visitors!