b2evo 5.1.0-beta released
b2evolution version 5.1.0-beta has been released!
Download & Upgrade instructions here »
The general focus of this 5.1 release is to add the features we felt were missing in 5.0 that did not require deep changes to the 5.0 code and DB structure. We have been working heavily on version 6.0 in parallel.
Among quite a few new features, here are some highlights:
- Site-wide header & footer support allowing you to even quicklier build complex multi-collection sites than before. We are using this on b2evolution.net.
- Photo Albums Skin
- Goal Categories for your server side analytics
- Redesigned login screens based on twitter bootstrap (more bootstrap use to come in the next release)
- Additions and improvements to existing antispam tools
- Many small user requests
There will still be some more additions in the stable 5.1 release. If the one feature you've been desperately waiting for isn't in this beta, now is a good time to remind us! ;)
Read more...Posted March 26, 2014 | 6:32 pm
View all b2evolution News...
Drupal 7.27 and 6.31 released
Drupal 7.27 and Drupal 6.31, maintenance releases which contain fixes for security vulnerabilities, are now available for download. See the Drupal 7.27 and Drupal 6.31 release notes for further information.
Upgrading your existing Drupal 7 and 6 sites is strongly recommended. There are no new features or non-security-related bug fixes in these releases. For more information about the Drupal 7.x release series, consult the Drupal 7.0 release announcement. More information on the Drupal 6.x release series can be found in the Drupal 6.0 release announcement.
Drupal 7.27 is a security release only. For more details, see the 7.27 release notes. A complete list of all bug fixes in the stable 7.x branch can be found in the git commit log.
Drupal 6.31 is a security release only. For more details, see the 6.31 release notes. A complete list of all bug fixes in the stable 6.x branch can be found in the git commit log.
Drupal 7.27 and 6.31 were released in response to the discovery of security vulnerabilities. Details can be found in the official security advisory:
To fix the security problem, please upgrade to either Drupal 7.27 or Drupal 6.31.
This security release introduces small API changes which may require code updates on sites that expose Ajax or multi-step forms to anonymous users, and where the forms are displayed on pages that are cached (either by Drupal or by an external system). See the Drupal 7.27 release notes and Drupal 6.31 release notes for more information.
Read more...Posted April 16, 2014 | 12:59 pm
View all Drupal News...
Vote for e107 in the People’s Choice for best Open Source CMS awards!
As you are probably well aware, e107 has been nominated in the Critic's Choice CMS Awards for best Open Source CMS
. In a tough competition between four other nominees for this award, e107 needs your help
to be voted as best Open Source CMS this year. Cast your vote for e107
by filling in this form
. The voting round ends on October 1st
, so be quick!
Spread the word and let’s make sure everyone in CMS land knows about e107!
Read more...Posted September 7, 2013 | 8:05 am
View all e107 News...
Maps Plugin v1.3 - Now Supports Google Maps API v3
The Maps plugin allows you to create, manage and display Google Maps in your site. The 1.3 version of Maps plugin now supports Google API V3.
This new version of Maps plugin also brings some new features:
- The list of tags is now displayed under each map.
- When the "Profile display directions" option is enabled, markers diplay a form to enter a starting address to get directions to get to the marker.
- If the "Display events map" option is enabled, which is the default, a map of the event is displayed on the main page of the Calendar plugin. Similarly, if the place ("location") is entered for a given event, a map is displayed on the page of the event.
Download Maps plugin v 1.3+: http://geeklog.fr/wiki/plugins:maps
Read more...Posted November 19, 2013 | 2:29 am
View all Geeklog News...
Joomla! 3.3 Beta 2 Released
The Joomla! Project is pleased to announce the availability of Joomla! 3.3 Beta 2. Community members are asked to download and install the package in order to provide quality assurance for the forthcoming 3.3 release, which is scheduled for release on or around April 22nd, 2014.
A big thank you goes out to everyone that contributed to the 3.3 release! Joomla! 3.3 will be our most stable release ever. Right now we're at about 320 commits since 3.2.3's release with 41 different people contributing to those commits (not including testers and other non-coding activities). Best of all is that the new features are awesome!
The 3.x release series is the latest major release of the Joomla! CMS, with 3.3 the fourth standard-term support release in this series. Please note that going from 3.2 to 3.3 is a one-click upgrade and is NOT a migration. The same is true is for any subsequent versions in the 3.x series. That being said, please do not upgrade any of your production sites to the beta version as beta is ONLY intended for testing and there is no upgrade path from Beta.
Read more...Posted April 9, 2014 | 9:00 pm
View all Joomla News...
Nucleus CMS 3.65 Released
The Nucleus CMS core development team has released Nucleus CMS v3.65. This release includes a few minor bug fixes that are intended to make it compatible with PHP 5.4. It is recommended that only users who are having issues with PHP5.4 support upgrade at this time. There are some bugs with character encoding in the Admin area.
The change log can be found here
Read more...Posted March 30, 2013 | 9:48 pm
View all Nucleus News...
phpBB 3.1.0 Beta2 released
We are pleased to announce the release of phpBB 3.1.0 Beta2, the "Bertie hurdling toward the finish line" release. This is the second test version of the upcoming phpBB 3.1.0 feature release following our Beta1 release 10 days ago
In order to ensure that the final release is of the highest possible quality, we are asking for your assistance with putting the beta through its paces and reporting any encountered bugs. If you find a problem or have a suggestion, please file an issue ticket in our bug tracker
Please review the Beta1 announcement
for an overview of new features in phpBB Ascraeus
3.1 and instructions on updating.
For a complete list of changes with attributed ticket numbers, please consult our comprehensive changelog
If you find any security issues, please report them to the security tracker
The downloads are available on the Area51 downloads page
If you cannot find the package you desire, please see our release archive
Please note that phpBB 3.1 has some requirements that differ from phpBB 3.0:
- PHP version 5.3.3 or greater is required
- PHP’s json extension is required
- For PostgreSQL users, only versions 8.3 and above are supported
Read more...Posted March 30, 2014 | 8:01 pm
View all phpBB News...
Plone Website Accounts Safe from Heartbleed
The plone.org website is safe from the Heartbleed bug and, as such, plone.org passwords have not been disclosed.
Read more...Posted April 14, 2014 | 2:01 pm
View all Plone News...
Uninstall Toolbars from your browser 13.63.1 - Get rid of those annoying toolbars once and for all
We all know that installing software from different websites will eventually turn into an annoyance since these applications often come with an uninvited guest: an annoying and undesired toolbar or the unwelcome surprise that even your default search engine has been changed. In order to solve these problems, at PHPnuke we have thought of the best solutions for our users to erase all spyware and malware elements, manually or with a removal application. Take a look at the different possibilities we propose for uninstalling these toolbars and disabling browser hijacking in a few simple steps depending on which browser you use.
How to do it by yourself
First of all locate the toolbar that has been installed on your system, for example, the Ask or Delta toolbar. In order to get rid of these elements without removal software, your need to follow the following steps:
- Click on Windows, Control Panel then Programs and Features in Windows 7
- Check the list of programs you have installed by looking for the target toolbar (aTube toolbar, Delta toolbar, BrowserProtect, Delta Chrome Toolbar, BitGuard, Mixi.DJ or similar)
- Click on the detected toolbar and uninstall it by following the system's advice
Once you have done these steps you need to return to the regular configuration of your default browser. Here you can find how to recover your default search engine and your browser homepage:
- Navigate to the Settings menu and Settings section
- Click on the button marked “Manage search engine…”
- Choose from amongst the available options for the one you prefer and mark it as the default engine
- Click on the cross at the right side of the search engine you want to erase
- On the Startup section paste the URL address you want to keep as your homepage
- Click on accept to complete the process
- Type in the address bar about:config and press Enter
- Click on the take care button that will appear
- Look for Keyword.url in the search field that appears above
- Right click on Keyword.url and choose the restore option and close that window
- On the up-right part of Firefox change the search engine clicking on the icon to the one you want
- Click again on the previous icon, choose the option to manage the search engines and erase the ones you don’t want in your browser
- Click on the Firefox menu, select the options menu
- In the General section set the homepage
- Click on accept
- Click on the gear icon and manage complements
- Click on Search providers, select the one you want to be your default search engine, quit the ones that are strange to you and accept
- Click on the gear again, and go to Internet options and General tab
- Change the default homepage to the one you want and erase the previous one
- Finish the process by clicking on accept
Using additional software
If you want to avoid manual configurations, you can always rely on the different applications that recover the configuration of your browser. At PHPnuke, we recommend Adwcleaner as a removal tool for these kinds of uses, software that you can get through this link. For erasing these toolbar elements from your system, just follow these simple steps:
- Download and install Adwcleaner on your system
- On the main screen, click on the Delete button
- The program will show several elements to erase, so click accept for all the following messages
- The process is now complete
Following these processes, the configuration of your Internet browser will be recovered, and you will be rest assured that you will avoid the intrusion of spyware and malware to your system. Congratulations on taking back your browsers’ settings and avoid installing toolbars by paying attention to the software you install on future occasions.
Read more...Posted April 15, 2014 | 6:01 am
View all PHPNUKE News...
Re: SA Knowledge Base
could you please answer the attechment question, it seems it´s not only a problem in my installation
Read more...Posted April 17, 2014 | 4:27 pm
View all SMF News...
WordPress 3.9 “Smith”
Version 3.9 of WordPress, named “Smith” in honor of jazz organist Jimmy Smith, is available for download or update in your WordPress dashboard. This release features a number of refinements that we hope you’ll love. A smoother media editing experience Improved visual editing The updated visual editor has improved speed, accessibility, and mobile support. You can paste into the […]
Read more...Posted April 16, 2014 | 11:33 am
View all WordPress News...
XOOPS 2.5.7 RC-1 Released for Testing
We are getting closer to have a PHP 5.5.x - certified XOOPS version.
Today we are very happy to release for testing XOOPS 2.5.7 RC-1
This release is focused on PHP 5.5.x compatibility, security enhancements, and bug fixes. We have also updated jQuery and several jQuery components.
Angelo Rocha also has updated this new cool theme: the xBootstrap theme
, based on Bootstrap
See the Changelog below for more details.Minimum PHP Version: 5.3.7
Please note: the fact that the XOOPS Core runs correctly on PHP 5.5.x, doesn't mean that all your modules will run correctly, therefore you'll need to test them first.
The recently released modules that qualify for our Basic Module Pack
, are all tested on PHP 5.5.x, and they should run just fine.
For all others, please let us know about any issues you might have.Download: SourceForge File Repository
.Please remember: This is a RC version and mainly for features testing!!!!
Please DO NOT install it on a production site and DO NOT upgrade any production site with it!!! But we encourage everybody to test it heavily!
Please post and discuss all issues related to this release in this forum thread
Read more...Posted April 6, 2014 | 11:50 pm
View all XOOPS News...